24/05/2015

Dada Dinners: Lunch in Maisen


I've been pining over these CDG x Converse sneakers for an ill minute now so a few hours before my dad had to go to the airport, we headed to Omotesando to check out the Comme store to see if they had them. Turns out Japan doesn't sell the sneakers without polka dots which aren't really my thing, so my dad and I went to get some pasalubong for my mom and brothers then headed to lunch at Maisen.




Sashimi Moriawase because I love ordering appetisers. I don't know how people can just order one thing?? Where's the variety??


Kurobuta Hirekatsu. That's the cut with no fat because I was being "healthy," even though I ended up trading my dad for a couple slices of his Tonkatsu.
I've been to Maisen a few times before when I was tourist and I thought it was the best Tonkatsu I've ever had in my life; until I went to Butagami and decided that they had the best Tonkatsu I've ever had in my life, hands down.
I haven't been there in a few years but I remember thinking that the only thing Butagumi is missing is Maisen's super secret house sauce. It's so secret, they don't leave it out on the tables with the other sauces for the plebs, you have to order a Katsu dish and it'll come with it.
It's not as thick as regular Katsu sauce, a little pulpier, and lighter in colour. Compared to regular Katsu sauce it's a little sweeter and fruitier, which makes me believe it has apple sauce in it. Whatever it is, it works.
I stole this photo from the internet

After lunch I needed to get the obligatory black sesame ice cream from their stalls outside. Healthy life~~

Me waiting for my dad to get out of the bathroom during our last-minute shopping haul. I took this to send to Sebastian for kicks but I decided to put it on here because why not. 

I didn't come home with the sneakers I wanted, but I did buy some scented pens and my favourite one is the black one because it smells like cinnamon rolls. I'm studying for midterms now and even though it sucks, the smell of cinnamon rolls makes it a little better. 


No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me!