25/08/2014

Sunday Funday Food



My mom made salmon eggs benedict with avocado and caviar for brunch today and it made me and my belly so so happy. 

Last night, I came home from the beach trip so sunburnt that I can barely move my shoulders so my workout plans for today were postponed. Instead, my brother and I stopped by the grocery to grab some applesauce and chia seeds and made chia seed banana bread! 



Ever since I started learning to bake in 5th grade the only recipe I’d do is chocolate chip cookies partly because they’re my favourite but mostly because I can never get them to get flatten out, so perfecting the recipe has been a longtime struggle of mine. After many, many years I have finally given up on the chocolate chip (aka the DEVIL) and expanded my baking horizons!! Since I’m quite the health buff (LOL) I decided on a less fattening recipe. So I googled “low fat banana bread” and chose to try this from AllRecipes.com.


It just came out of the oven and so far I’m pretty happy with how it turned out!! I read some of the comments after I popped the bread in the oven and some commenters suggested to add some vanilla and salt so I’m gonna keep that in mind for next time. I also added some chia seeds because I was feeling edgy (and I thought the recipe called for it for whatever reason and spent 670 pesos for a bag of chia seeds).


Chia Seed Banana Bread (Taken from allrecipes.com)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar 
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 cup banana, mashed
1/4 cup applesauce
SABEEZY ADDITION: chia seeds~ (optional) 
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce (and the *optional* chia seeds, put in as many as your heart desires~ I put around 3-4 tablespoons I think); stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.

✶ FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS ✶ 

No comments

Post a Comment

Talk to me!